Make a Referral

Make a referral find support for someone.

If you are not certain whether someone you are working with is entitled to an advocate, please contact us. We can talk to you about the situation and help you understand what the person needs.

You can make a referral or get advice on eligibility by contacting our office tel 01702 340566

How to make a referral:

  1. Download the relevant form from the options below. If you require some assistance, please call us on 01702 340566.
  2. Complete the form online or print a copy of the form and complete it by hand. Please provide as much information as you can and ensure it is accurate.
  3. Send your completed form to or Advocacy Hub: Unit 2, 225 West Road, Westcliff-on-Sea, SS0 9DE.

Generic Advocacy REFERRAL

This is for use with Community Advocacy, where the advocacy is not based upon a legal right. It can also be used for Financial Advocacy, where you may need help completing certain benefit application forms.

Statutory Independent Care Act Advocacy (ICAA) REFERRAL

Local authorities must involve people in decisions made about them and their care and support. No matter how complex a person’s needs, local authorities are required to help people express their wishes and feelings, support them in weighing up their options, and assist them in making their own decisions.


The purpose of the IMCA service is to help particularly vulnerable people who lack the capacity to make important decisions about serious medical treatment and changes of accommodation, and who have no family or friends that it would be appropriate to consult about these decisions, or about care reviews or Adult Protection proceedings.

Independent Mental Health (IMHA) and Informal Inpatient REFERRAL

This form can be used by professionals, carers or nearest relatives to refer both Qualifying IMHA Patients and Informal Patients. Patients may also refer themselves directly. In the first instance, talk to the patient and provide them with an opportunity to decide for themselves whether to request help from an IMHA.